PackedBag ("PackedBag", "WE", "US" or OUR") respects your privacy. We are committed to safeguarding your privacy through our agreement to this policy. This privacy notice and policy (this "Policy") explains the kinds of information we may collect from you or that you may our practices for gathering, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information, which you submit when you access www.packedbag.com, the Company's mobile website, and mobile and tablet applications, or use any content, functionality, or services made available on or through www.packedbag.com and/or the Company's Application ("App").
Notice to EU Individuals: Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of April 27, 2016 (the "GDPR") is intended to be complied with, and this Policy and the notices included herein are intended to provide the necessary protection and care with regard to the treatment of your information in accordance with the GDPR.
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through the mobile Application.
- When you interact or access with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to data that has been gathered by
Us offline or through some other means, including any website by PackedBag or any third party. Any third party includes through any application, content, advertising that may connect or can be accessed from or on the website.
Our Website isn't planned for children under 13 years old. No one younger than 13 may give any data on or through the Website. We don't purposely gather individual data from youngsters under 13. If you under 13 years of age and browsing our website and services, please do not use or share any data to our website, PackedBag. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 years of age without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information we collect
We gather numerous sorts of information from and about users of our website and App, including, however not restricted to:
- By which you may be personally identified, including your name, postal address, electronic mail address, phone number, credit card or other payment information, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information").
- That is about you but individually does not identify you.
- Details of your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website or App and usage details.
- We may collect other information, including but not limited to, passport or other government-issued identification number, date of birth, gender, arrival and departure locations and times, airline, hotel or car rental loyalty program numbers, and other travel-related information to assist you with your travel arrangement.
How we collect this information:
- Directly from you when you share it to us.
- Capture information while navigating through our site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
We may collect the information below on or through our website and mobile App:
- Through the information you provide while filling up forms on our website. This may include information shared while subscribing to our service or requesting further services. The information you share with us while entering a content, offer or promotion or when you report a problem with our Website.
- The records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), when you contact us.
- The transaction details when you book/purchase your travel reservations through our website. You may be required to provide financial information before completing a booking through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You may additionally provide information to be published or displayed on public areas of the Website, or pass on to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Please note that user contributions are shared with other users at your own risk. We have a dedicated team working on the security of the site and we limit access to certain pages buy please be aware that no security measures are perfect. Plus we cannot direct all the actions of other users of our website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Because of this we cannot give you 100% guarantee that your Contributions will not be viewed and accessed by unauthorized persons.
Automated Data collection when you download, access, and use the App:
Usage Details: When user download, access and use the App, the application may automatically gather certain aspects of the users access and usage of the App, which may include traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App.
Device Information: PackedBag may collect information about user’s mobile device and the internet connection, including the device's unique device identifier, IP address, OS, browser type, network information, and the device's telephone number.
Stored Information and Files: The App also may access metadata and other details connected with files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio filed and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
Data We Collect & Capture through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
Please note that as your browse and interact with our Website and our services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to gather certain information about your device, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Certain Details of your visits to our Website, which may include traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information and data about your computer and the internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information and data we capture automatically is statistical data and it may also include personal information, or we may keep it or connect it with personal information we gather in other ways or receive from third parties. This information is very vital for us to keep on improving our website and to serve you with enhanced and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Study and observe our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences you have selected in your past visits, allowing us to customize our Website according to your interests.
- Faster searches in our website.
- Identify you when you return to our Website and serve you more personalized service.
The technologies we use for automatic data collection may include:
Cookies (or browser or mobile cookies): A cookie is a file placed on the hard drive of your computer or on your Smartphone device. You may reject to accept browser cookies by choosing the right setting on your browser or Smartphone. By accepting to allow our cookies in your computer or Smartphone browser, our system will automatically issue cookies when you access our website from your device. Please note, that by selecting this setting you may not be able to access certain parts of PackedBag.
Flash Cookies: There are certain features of our website which nay use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to capture and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are different and are not managed by the same browser settings as the browser cookies. For more information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see “How We Use and Disclose Your Information."
Web Beacons: Certain Pages of our website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons, also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs. These files allow us to track and count how many users have visited the pages with the files or users have opened an email.
Please note that PackedBag does not have any control over third parties' tracking technologies or how they choose to use it. For more information on how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, please refer to " How We Use and Disclose Your Information" below.
How We Use Your Data
We use the data we collect from you, the information you provide us, including personal information:
- To provide our content in our website to you.
- To fulfill your purchases and travel reservations, use the data to communicate regarding your purchases and to offer you details about the products or services you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To complete our commitment and also implement our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including payment processing, billing and collection.
- To inform you about any changes or updates to our website, App, products or services.
- To allow you to participate and use interactive features on our Website or App.
- To promote our products and services by sharing marketing and advertising communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
Please note that we may use the information we have gathered from you to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. We do not disclose your personal information for these intentions without your consent but please be aware that if you interact with an advertisement served to you, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we utilize to sustain our business, but it will be solely based on parties who will be required to fulfill your travel arrangements. We may be required to process your information through a third party but it is not limited to airlines, hotel vendors, car rental companies, and entry visa, in the course of completing your travel purchase.
- In the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of PackedBag' assets, the personal information and data will be considered among the assets transferred to a buyer or a successor.
- Your information may be used to assist us with our business operations or delivery of services to you, including customer service inquiries, credit/debit card processing, notification of flight services, analytics, agreement and fraud protection, and tailor our advertising to you based on your preferences.
- Display or market their products or services to you.
- To carry out the intention for which you provide it.
- For any other intent disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your approval.
We may also release your personal information to fulfill our legal obligations:
To abide by with any court order, subpoena, law, or legal procedure, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
If we in confidence believe that disclosure is necessary to conform to the edicts of law, prevent or investigate fraud, protect your safety or the rights, property, and/or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Notice to EU Individuals: Under applicable law, the Company will not process and disclose your personal data without a lawful basis to do so, as such bases are defined in Article 6 of the GDPR. In general, at least one of the of the following must apply whenever personal data is processed:
1. Consent: The individual has given clear approval for the processing of their personal data for a specific function.
2. Contract: the processing is necessary for the implementation of a contract.
3. Legal obligation: the processing is necessary to abide by the law.
4. Vital interests: the processing is necessary to protect someone’s life.
5. Public task: the processing is required to implement a task in the public interest, and the task or function has a clear basis in law.
6. Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for the legitimate interests of the data controller, unless there is a good reason to protect the individual’s personal data which overrides those legitimate interests.
How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We do our utmost to offer you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have placed systems to offer you with the following control over your information:
Tracking Technologies and Advertising: In your browser or Smartphone settings you can set to refuse all or some browser or mobile cookies, or to inform you when cookies are being sent. To learn more on how you can manage your Flash cookie settings, visit the Flash player settings page on Adobe's website. Please note by disabling or refusing cookies you man not to able to access certain parts of our website or our website may not function properly.
Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising: You can sent us an email at email@example.com, if you wish to stop sharing your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes.
Promotional Offers from the Company: You can opt out or send us an email stating that you do not wish to have your email address/contact information to be used by PackedBag to promote our services and products or third parties' products or services. Please note that this does not apply to the information provided to us as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
Targeted Advertising: If you do not want us to use data that we collect or that you provide to us to serve advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can email as at firstname.lastname@example.org stating to opt you out or you can unsubscribe.
Please note that PackedBag do control third parties' collection or use of your data to deliver interest-based advertising. Some third parties may offer you way for you to choose not to have your information collected. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on NAI's website.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of PackedBag that are residents of California to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
We take data security very seriously and protecting your information is of utmost important to us. We have deployed industry-standard measures designed to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information and data we receive is captured on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Though we have implemented the latest technology buy unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee or warrant the security of your personal information transmit to us online. Please note that all and any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not accountable for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website. In situation where we learn that your personal data has been compromised, we may notify you by e-mail to the last e-mail address you have provided us in the most expedient time reasonable under the circumstances, or as otherwise required by applicable law, provided however, we may delay notification as may necessary while we determine the scope of the breach, attempt to restore reasonable integrity to our system, and cooperate with law enforcement.
Processing your Information